- Fixed: Doom Retro's PlaySound action was missing a parameter name, causing a crash when it was selected. Thanks to AnotherLife.
- Fixed: rewrote sprite name, frame and rotation handling to better emulate Doom's behaviour. As a result, zero-rotation sprites can now replace sprites with multiple rotations. Thanks to VGA, AnotherLife.
- Fixed: when selecting a new sprite for a state, all selected state's frames were set to 0 when no specific frame was selected. Thanks to VGA.
- Added: A Doom Retro engine configuration (thanks to VGA).
- Added: Unknown Dehacked fields are now ignored, but also saved unaltered.
- Fixed: missing parameter names for the PlaySound and PlayWeaponSound state actions.
- Fixed: the sprite label property not updating after selecting a sprite in the state editor.
- Fixed: a crash when jumping to a state with the RandomJump action.
- Fixed: choosing a 30th sprite frame.
- Fixed: state parameters disappearing when selecting a state.
- Fixed: state action editing was possible in non-extended patches.
- Fixed: patch states with extra text in their headers being ignored.
- Fixed: calculation of maximum string length.
- Added: the ability to change the rotation in a sprite preview by dragging the mouse over it with the left button held down.
- Added: a number of new state, thing, weapon and miscellaneous options for advanced ZDaemon\ZDoom support.
- Added: better defined state action parameter support, including support for arguments.
- Added: a new miscellaneous editor UI that supports an arbitrary number of options. Double click items to quickly edit them.
- Added: clicking an active editor window toolbar button will bring it to the front if it is not already, otherwise it will close it.
- Added: closing dialogs is now possible with the ESC and a window close button.
- Added: a ZDaemon engine configuration file supporting some of ZDaemon's Dehacked extensions.
- Fixed: sound numbering and sound assignment used sound 1 as the dummy sound erroneously.
- Fixed: missing ampersands in thing flags.
- Fixed: thing names not being updated in the state filter list when a thing is renamed.
- Fixed: misspelling of ReFire and BFGSound actions.
- Fixed: monster infighting flag used the wrong value when enabled.
- Fixed: loading a patch through explorer no longer causes a crash on startup.
- Fixed: weapon editor undo functionality did not work properly.
- Changed: removed the MBF Beta configuration. The regular MBF configuration now also contains the beta functionality.
- Changed: editing action parameters is now made easier by only displaying parameters for actions that support them, complete with name labels and descriptions in tooltips.
- Changed: thing list indices start at 1 to make using state actions like MBF's Spawn easier.
- Changed: some control and window sizes have been altered to better fit with larger fonts.
- Changed: the string editor window will focus on the text to edit when activated, so the user can often begin typing immediately.
- Changed: reduced flickering when resizing editor windows.
- Changed: tab traversal between controls is now possible in most cases.
- Changed: the sprite selector will now not hide when pressing enter or clicking Ok if no sprite is selected.
- Changed: the sprite selector puts focus on the filter field for faster filtering.
- Fixed: added missing state 895 to the list of hardcoded used states.
- Fixed: added the second Chaingun muzzle flash state to the chaingun state filter.
- Fixed: unused thing flag mnemonics being displayed and saved for the MBF engine configuration.
- Changed: the weapon deselect and select state labels have been swapped. Internally they are still swapped to preserve the original erroneous Dehacked behaviour.
- Changed: renamed the Deselect and Select weapon states to Lower and Raise states respectively, to better reflect what they are supposed to do.
- Changed: characters can now be selected inside input fields without selecting the entire field.
- Changed: updated to wxWidgets 3.0.2.
- Fixed: warnings about missing color profiles on some systems.
- Fixed: the Lower and Raise state were (still) erroneously swapped.
- Changed: invalid graphics are previewed as "BAD IMAGE" instead of crashing.
- Changed: updated wxWidgets to 3.0.0.
- Added: an engine configuration file for MBF that includes the beta state actions, and removed the beta actions from the regular MBF configuration.
- Added: RandomJump states are now recognized as using the state in parameter1.
- Added: thing index numbers in the things editor.
- Fixed: -1 state durations could not be entered.
- Fixed: crash when trying to display a sprite with an invalid file format.
- Changed: detect additional thing flag delimiters supported by some source ports.
- Added: thing flag mnemonic name to thing flag tool tips.
- Changed: multiple thing flags with the same name can now be defined in engine configurations.
- Fixed: OpenShotgun and CloseShotgun action names should be OpenShotgun2 and CloseShotgun2.
- Fixed: added missing beta things, states and sprites to the MBF engine configuration.
- Fixed: added missing translucent flags to the Boom and MBF engine configurations.
- Added: a button to delete the selected IWAD in the patch settings dialog.
- Fixed: an ancient bug where the Raise and Lower actions are swapped.
- Fixed: state pasting not updating the filtered list.
Version 0.9.1 beta
- Changed: allow patch load messages to be ignored.
- Changed: Make patch reading and writing less exception-prone.
- Changed: exit application after an exception has occurred.
- Changed: restructure startup into App object, and add exception dialog.
- Changed: adjust UI sizes to work better with large fonts.
- Fixed: exception dialog not closing application.
- Fixed: exceptions not displaying if a busy cursor was set.
- Fixed: clean the recent files list before displaying it in the startup dialog.
- Fixed: fix cheat keys being displayed instead of names.
- Fixed: cheats being displayed in the wrong order.
- Fixed: Ammo & Keys patch key capitalization.
- Fixed: state action editing issues in non-extended patches.
- Fixed: do not fail silently when patch analysation fails.
- Fixed: the license file not being included in the 7zip build.
Version 0.9.0 beta
- Added: WAD reload menu option.
- Added: license and additional credits to about, convert resources to PNG.
- Added: sound editing functionality.
- Added: miscellaneous editing functionality.
- Added: par time editing functionality.
- Added: new editor iconography.
- Added: cheat editing functionality.
- Added: ammo editing functionality.
- Added: weapon editing functionality.
- Added: string editing functionality.
- Changed: write and read patch entries if only the entry's name has changed.
- Changed: adjust UI sizes to work better with high-DPI display settings.
- Changed: draw a "floor" in sprite previews.
- Changed: move thing names list and display more data in it.
- Changed: move license text to a messagebox.
- Changed: sort action choices alphabetically.
- Changed: do not hide patch settings when browsing for a file.
- Changed: internal code comments and cleanups.
- Fixed: miscellaneous UI bugs.
- Fixed: mark patch as modified after setting a state or sound.
- Fixed: toggling a thing projectile flag not updating it's speed.
- Fixed: some listview columns being too wide.
- Fixed: file dialogs not being modal when they should be.
- Fixed: a patch engine detection bug.
Version 0.5.0 alpha
- Initial release.
The source code for WhackEd4 is available under a BSD 2-clause license, and can be viewed or forked on GitHub. Any contributions are more than welcome, provided they retain the coding style used in other WhackEd4 code, and are actual useful features for WhackEd4 to have.