This section contains the development of a project to convert items in Doom to a 3D
Voxel, or volumetric pixel, format. Following recent developments, there is now a
branch of the ZDoom port that has added support for Voxels and we can finally use
them in game.
Special thanks to:
- Ken Silverman for his V3BtoVOX conversion utility
- Ghostpilot for his original idea to begin this project and for the
voxel models he has made so far
- Exl for his technical help, compiling the voxel fork and a
utility to fix the rendering offsets on voxel items
- Scott_AW for his strip2voxel utility
- Randy for adding Voxel support to ZDoom
To create and view voxels in *.vox or *.kvx format, download Slab6 from Ken Silverman's website.
- Updated 8th November, 2010 -
[ Post a comment ] [ View comments ] [ Forum ]