This section contains the development of a project to convert items in Doom to a 3D
Voxel, or volumetric pixel, format. Following recent developments, several ports have added support for Voxels and we can now use
them in game. Current ports include ZDoom and DelphiDoom. GZDoom also supports the ZDoom pack, although technically it converts them to models first.
Special thanks to:
- Ken Silverman for his V3BtoVOX conversion utility
- Ghostpilot for his original idea to begin this project and for the
voxel models he has made so far
- Exl for his technical help, compiling the voxel fork and a
utility to fix the rendering offsets on voxel items
- Scott_AW for his strip2voxel utility
- Randy for adding Voxel support to ZDoom
- jval for the DelphiDoom version
To create and view voxels in *.vox or *.kvx format, download Slab6 from Ken Silverman's website.
- Updated 30th May, 2013 -
[ Post a comment ] [ View comments ] [ Forum ]